Competition: By placement only. Participation in summer intensive classes is required
Acrobatics: Participation in a dance class required.
Pointe: By placement only. Pre-pointe evaluation required.
We ask that parents remain in the waiting area while their child is in class. Parents in the classroom may cause younger children to become upset or they may want to be with their parent instead of participating in class. The children will leave the waiting area with the instructor and go into the classroom without mom or dad. We will have 2-3 observation days per year so that you can see the progress that your child is making. We like to allow the children time to get comfortable with the instructor, their surroundings, and the other student’s, before the first observation day. We will post the observation days in the waiting area and on our studio website calendar. Some younger children have a hard time participating in class when their parents are watching. If you are observing and your child is having a difficult time participating in class, it may be best to leave the room. After Christmas break, each class will be working on their routines for the recital. At this time, observation days will be very limited. If siblings are present during observation days, please be sure that they are sitting and watching class quietly. If siblings become a distraction to the class, they may be asked to leave the room.
Please make sure that your child is on time for class. A proper warm up is extremely important for the safety of all dancers. If a child misses warm-up, they may be asked to warm up on their own or watch the remainder of the class.
Dancers are encouraged to make-up missed lessons. Lessons should be made up as soon as possible after missing class. Talk to the instructor after a missed lesson for a make-up time. Please do not attend another class unannounced to make-up a lesson. Lesson plans are made up in advance and are designed for the students in each class. If you know in advance that you are going to miss your class, please let us know. There are no refunds for missed lessons! Once recital routines are started, attendance is very important. Students who miss consecutive weeks of choreography may be asked to step out of the routine or take a private lesson at an additional cost. If attendance becomes a problem, it is possible that the student will not be able to participate in the routine.
In the event of bad weather and we cancel classes, we will send an email, post the cancellation on our Facebook page, and post it on our web site. A possible zoom class may be offered if classes are cancelled due to weather. The first snow day that is missed for classes, will not be made up. Beginning with the second snow day, we will make every effort to make it up during the year or at the end of the year. In the event that we can not make up a snow day, refunds will not be given for that class.
Dancers should be dropped-off and picked-up within 15 min. of class time, as we are very busy and cannot provide your child with the attention they deserve to be safe. Students not participating in class should wait in the waiting area for their rides or for their class to begin. If a situation arises and you are going to be late, please call and let us know.
We appreciate your respect for the following:
* No gum is allowed in the waiting room or the studio at any time.
*Please keep food and drinks to a minimum and promptly clean any spilled items.
*Please hang up your coats and neatly store your belongings. Please do not leave coats and shoes on chairs or in front of doors.
* Please do not open the dance room doors while class is in progress. If you are late, please quietly send your child into class fully dressed wearing the appropriate shoes.
* If a dancer needs to change for class, please have them use the dressing room instead of the restrooms.
*Please have your dancer use the bathroom before class.
* Parents are welcome to remain in the waiting room during classes. We fully understand the need to bring younger siblings to the studio, please supervise them so children remain safe, the waiting room calm, and classes are not interrupted.
* Please refrain from inappropriate behavior such as yelling, cursing, gossiping, etc..
* If you need to speak with your child's teacher, please leave a message at the desk or send an email. Class time is very important so your child's instructor will contact you at their earliest convenience.
Everyone wants to be the best student they can be! To help that, the following are a few simple rules to insure class runs smoothly for everyone:
*Go jewelry-free. Obtrusive jewelry is potentially dangerous to you and others.
*Listen while the dance teacher is talking. That means no talking while they're talking. Not even quietly to your neighbor.
*No cell phones allowed in any classes. This is a distractions and not something that is needed in class.
*Don't film or take pictures in class. Always ask your dance teacher's permission before recording or photographing any portion of your dance class.
* Pay attention at all times, especially when waiting for your turn. Stand tall, no sitting and watch others respectfully.
*Stay for the entire class It's always best to stay for the entire duration of the class, but if you must leave early, talk to the teacher beforehand and make your exit as quick and discreet as possible.
*Don't leave and come back into your class. Stay in the studio for the entirety of class. This can be distracting to your fellow dancers.
* Always arrive on time. If you can't avoid being late, enter very quietly and quickly.
*Let advanced students stand in front. Even if you arrived first, avoid the front of the room unless you know the combination.
* Demonstrate good spatial awareness. This includes giving the instructor space, but don't crowd those in the back of the room to do so.
*Be courteous, respectful, try your best, and have fun!
Search Performance Dance Centre in the Apple app store and Google play store today!